Italian Meatless Kabobs
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram, or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1-1/4 Lbs meatless Kabobs cut into cubes
- 3 medium zucchinis, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 32 small fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large bowl; and add the meatless kabobs.
- Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from meatless kabobs. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, zucchini and mushrooms. Spoon over uncooked kabobs with reserved marinade; sprinkle with salt.
- Broil for 5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Place a tomato on each skewer before serving.