Grilled Hawaiian Meatless Kabobs
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsulfured molasses
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Lbs Meatless Kabobs
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1/4 red onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4 – 1/2″ thick coins
- extra cooking oil for preparing grill grates
- Soak 12 wood skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl or resealable container combine marinade ingredients. Whisk until well combined. Reserve 1 cup of marinade.
- Add the meatless Kabobs to the remaining marinade in a bowl. Toss to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. If marinating longer, be sure to refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, add the reserved cup of marinade to a small saucepan and cook on medium-high, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half (you can skip this step, but we love the thick coating of sauce on the meatless souvlaki).
- Prep pineapple and veggies.
- Preheat the grill to “High.” Layer the kabobs and veggies on skewers. Use 2 skewers about 1/4″ apart for each kabob. If you start with a meatless kabob piece, end the skewer with a meatless kabob piece. But you can do it any way you like. Layer them so the ingredients are touching but not smashed together. Divide the ingredients out over 6 skewers.
- Wad paper towels into a ball and hold with tongs. Dip into a bowl of cooking oil. Rub a paper towel over the hot grill grates to thoroughly coat them.
- Grill the meatless kabobs for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until they are golden brown and cooked through. Brush with reserved marinade when you place them on the grill and each time you turn the kabobs. Remove from the grill and serve.