Hawaiian Style Yeeros
- About 2.5 to 3 Lbs Mega Meatless Yeeros
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, preferably tamari
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 large peeled cloves of garlic (smashed and finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Place the Yeeros in a single layer in a deep, non-reactive dish.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour the marinade over the Yeeros, and make sure the meat is coated on all sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 40 minutes, or overnight. If you’re marinating the Yeeros in Ziploc-style bags, squeeze out as much excess air as possible before sealing the bags.
- Preheat the grill and oil the grate. Remove the Yeeros from the marinade, and place on the grill. Discard any excess marinade.
- Grill the Yeeros to your desired level of brownness. (Cooking times will vary based on the thickness of the Yeeros, and the heat of your grill.)