Greek marinated style Yeero
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs Mega Meatless Yeeros
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3-4 thinly sliced lemon wheels
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped & rounded
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped & rounded (for garnish)
- Black pepper
- Add the liquid ingredients into a resealable bag with the Meatless Yeeros and seal it.
- Squeeze the bag in different areas to mix it all up and combine.
- Open & add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix it all up again.
- Flatten the bag and refrigerate it overnight.
- Remove the marinated Yeeros from the refrigerator 5-10 minutes before cooking. Do not remove the yeeros pieces from the bag yet. Set aside and allow the content to come to room temperature.
- Heat a little bit of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it starts shimmering, but not smoking.
- Place the Yeero pieces on the heated skillet. If any cilantro sprigs are attached, remove and discard. Cook for a little over 3-5 minutes, while flipping them now and then.
- Transfer the cooked Yeeros to a wooden tray. Let it rest for at least 3 minutes before serving.
Note: Yeeros MUST rest for several minutes in order to retain its flavorful juices.