Grilled Hawaiian Meatless Teriyaki Burger
- 2 lbs of Mega Meatless Burger
- 1/2 cup of grated carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped scallions
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce, or more if you like it spicy
- 8 slices of fresh pineapple
- 8 whole wheat 100 calorie buns (Martin’s)
- 8 lettuce leaves
For the pineapple teriyaki sauce:
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
For the Meatless burgers:
- Gently combine the meatless burger with grated carrots, scallions, ginger, soy sauce and sriracha sauce.
- Form into 8 equal sized patties, try not to overwork the meat so it doesn’t get tough.
For the teriyaki sauce:
- Combine the cornstarch in cold water and dissolve. Set aside.
- Mix soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, grated ginger and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; bring to a boil and simmer until sauce reduces, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add cornstarch water mixture and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Heat the grill. When hot, clean the grates and spray with oil.
- Place the patties on the grill and cook on high heat for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until burgers are cooked to your liking.
- While the burgers are cooking, grill the pineapple slices for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place a piece of lettuce on the bottom of each burger bun. Top with the cooked burger and 1 tbsp of teriyaki sauce. Then top with the grilled pineapple.