French Style Burger
- 1 pound of Mega Meatless burger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper (freshly)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 6 ounces of (vegan) cheese (Roquefort)
- 2 yellow onions (large, peeled, cut in half and then thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 baguette (cut into 4 equal pieces, and then sliced to open)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Place the Meatless Burger into a large mixing bowl mix with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the mayo with 1/4 cup of the Roquefort cheese. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the onions. Stir, and cook for 20 – 25 minutes until soft and caramelized. Stir often.
- Add the red wine to the frying pan, stir, cook for 3 minutes or until reduced.
- Remove from the heat, and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to 425 F.
- Add half of the onion mixture to the Meatless Burger, mix using your hands.
- Form the meatless burger mix into 4 equal patties.
- Slip a tablespoon of butter into each patty. Save the remaining 2 tablespoons to butter the baguette.
- Place the patties on the grill, and cook for 3 minutes, then flip.
- Continue grilling until cooked to your likeness, using a meat thermometer to test for doneness.
- We like these burgers served medium-rare, which is about …. 150 F. It will continue to cook after removing from the grill for about 5 minutes and will reach 155 – 160.
- Butter the baguettes and toast the baguettes on the grill.
- To serve, place a baguette on a plate, slather some aioli on both sides, add the burger, top with the remaining caramelized onions and a thin slice of Roquefort cheese on the other half of the baguette.