Mega Meatless Falafel Salad
*For the Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- Tahini – ¼ cup
- Garlic clove – 1 garlic clove grated, or finely minced
- Lemon – you’ll need juice from one lemon
- Dill and parsley – ¼ teaspoon of dill, and ¼ teaspoon of finely chopped parsley
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Water – as needed to thin out
- Maple Syrup – 1 tablespoon
- Crispy lettuce – 4 cups- we like to use a mix of crispy greens. Iceberg lettuce, green leaf lettuce and escarole lettuce is our favorite. You can also use Boston lettuce or romaine lettuce if that is what you have on hand.
- Cucumbers – 2 (Persian)- we like to use Persian cucumbers but you can use English cucumbers or any type of cucumber you like.
- Tomatoes –1 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes are always in season and work great here.
- Kalamata olives. You can keep them whole or remove the pits and slice them in half.
- Red Onion – ¼ cup diced
- Hummus – ¼ cup we always make a double batch of this hummus recipe and store in the fridge.
- Falafel – 4 Mega Yeeros falafel ( but you can use more or less depending on your taste or portions size)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- Tahini dressing*